Just a precious few sleeps until Zedtown: State of Emergency. Here’s everything you need to know and bring on Saturday – all the better to play your part as the world burns.
WHAT TO BRING
At the bare minimum, you’ll need to bring the following:
- Some kind of foam dart blaster, or some rolled-up socks.
- A good pair of running shoes.
We recommend you bring the following to fully enjoy Zedtown:
- Water and snacks to help last out the day.
- A smartphone to access our dedicated app. A battery extender is also a good idea.
- Extra ammo for your blaster. We provide some ammo drops, and there’s often lots to scavenge but preparation aids survival!
- Costumes are fun! Have a thought about how you’d like to dress for the quarantine zone. There are prizes for best costumes!
- Anything else you think would be fun! We’ve had people bring extra zombie make-up, secondary zombie costumes, walkie talkies, automated turret blasters, banners for forts. Use your imagination!
Please stay within the playable game zone at all times. Registration and induction will take place at Falkiner Pavilion.
(Please note, faction bases are not listed on the map. This is intentional. We’ll be pushing the location of individual bases to each faction member via our app when the game begins. It’s up to you to find the others!)
IF SOMEONE IS HURT
St Johns Ambulance is on site and will be set up next at the Zombie Hub at Falkiner Pavilion.
(Also, this is a good time to remember that part of the terms of our ticket sales is that we all play at our own risk, so try not to do something crazy that will get yourself hurt!)
RESPECT THE VENUE
Our players are generally so good at cleaning up after themselves, please keep it up. Trashing the Showgrounds is going to be one of the quickest ways we get kicked out of the venue and not be invited back.
NO MODDED BLASTERS
We’ve spoken about this at length on the blog, in the rules and on Facebook but as a final remember performance-enhancing modifications are not allowed at Zedtown. Only purely cosmetic non-mechanical/non-internal mods are allowed. If you’re concerned your blaster may not pass this ruleset talk to a mod and bring a stock out-of-box blaster as a backup. Click for more information.